Monday, February 20, 2012

Wait, what's a storyboard?

In my screencast, you will be introduced to what a storyboard exactly is, as well as my MMP. I used PowerPoint to create my "storyboard" and a screen cast to show exactly how I will implement these things into my project and why I used the details I did. Storyboarding is  very beneficial because before I created this, my ideas were all over the place. When I laid out all of my ideas and resources for my storyboard, I realized which ones should go with each other. At first I had the four days of notes all together. I realized, that it was not imperative for students to get the notes in four straight days and that this project could be started without the last two days of notes. Storyboarding really helped me organize my thoughts and exactly how I want to use resources and how I want my audience to view my proposal.


 


Reference

5 comments:

  1. Great story board - I applaud how you used Power Point to present what you will be doing in your MMP. You broke down nicely what you will be doing each day and it is very clear that your students will be tackling many different aspects of multimodalilty! From Blogging and the like, you are incorporating a ton of different pieces of media. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I agree. I also really liked the use of PowerPoint for a story board set up. I do think your concept of the Golden Ratio is great and you can definitely play in by using images or effects related to gold. You can also give them some form of feedback incorporating "going for the gold" or the "gold medal." I think it could be a great concept! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how you start your project with a survey to collect student data. It is important to know some background information about your students' ability to use technology and the resources they have available to them. This shows that you are really personalizing your project to meet your students' needs. Will you allow students time in school to work on their project based on these needs as well?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comments! Elena- yes, I'm using the survey as a guide to see how much time they will need to work on it in class. If a lot of students do not have access to the resources at home, I will provide more time in class.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Melissa- I agree with Mr. C and Sandra that using Power Point was a great program to create a storyboard on. I created my own using Power Point because I thought the format was simple and I like the layout design (when the slides on all shown on the left and you have one larger slide that is able to be seen).

    Anyway, I myself used Power Point and had a hard time figuring out how to put the slides on my blog. I ultimately created a web link but I wasn't really pleased with how it turned out. I love how you created the podcast of your slides...I thought that was a great way of connecting what we learned about podcasting and our critique project to our blog posting assignments.

    ReplyDelete